Sea conditions are the primary factors which determine if Success goes out. Weather forecasts are occasionally inaccurate and conditions frequently change with minimal notice, therefore we do not cancel the dive day until 8:00am on the Sunday morning, after meeting at Success. If in doubt – check with the Captain.
If ocean diving is not possible and conditions permit we may still go diving in the river, or alternatively stay together and go for breakfast.
Other reasons for cancelling are:
- When the boat needs maintenance
- A skipper is not available
- If there are insufficient divers.
Sometimes, for some strange reason the weather will be warm, the sea dead calm, water temperature is 25 degrees, viz is 30+ metres….. AND NO ONE WANTS TO GO DIVING! For safety and economic reasons we require a minimum number of divers and crew on board. If numbers are down the Captain will broadcast an email calling for more to attend so we do not have to cancel.