Are you a yachtie interested in sailing the West Australian coastline? We aim to provide resources to help you explore the beautiful waters of Western Australia.
The Cruising Section is open to all Club members – power, sail, dive, everyone is welcome to take part in events both on and off the water. There is no formal joining process, so you are already a section member! Our participants range in experience from sailing beginners to world circumnavigators.
The Cruising Section concentrates on three activities:’
- On-water cruise in company, ranging from afternoon cruises to three-week voyages.
- Off water events such as evening information presentations and social events
- Providing resources to help cruisers – information booklets, charts, and book library, and the famous West Australian Cruising Guide and The FSC Green Book of Safety Recommendations for Cruisers.
Find out more details about the activities on our What We Do Page.
Want to Cruise in the company of more experienced sailors?
- Make contact with one of the members of the Cruising Committee.
- Join the regular Sunday Afternnon sail on the second Sunday of the month and participate in The planned cruises for the year that are listed in the Event Calendar and the Fremantle Sailing Club Sailing Handbook (The Red Book).
- Every Thursday we have a casual ‘Thirsty’ Thursday get-together in the club bar from 5:30 pm to talk about anything that comes to mind and any cruising event coming up. This is followed by:
- Joining us for a meal in the Galley
- Our committee meetings First Thursday of the month: 7 to 9pm. Everybody may come along.
- The Monthly Cruising Topics night on the Third Thursday of the month 7.30 – 9pm.
Download the WA Cruising Guide 5th Ed.